Iqra Books, 65 South Road, Southall,Middlesex, UB1 1SQ (United Kingdom) TEL : UK (0044) 208 867 9899 ; MOBILE : UK (0044) 7949 168 840
Pioneers of Islamic Scholarship. Over the fourteen centuries of its existence, Islamic scholarship has produced numerous individuals who have distinguished themselves by acquiring broad knowledge and deep insight.
• However, true distinction is only achieved through a lasting influence,
particularly when the area of scholarship is a religion that presents
itself as being suited to all communities at all times.
• The selection has to start with the founders of the eight schools of
jurisprudence who have had a continuous following over the centuries
up to the present day.
• This book introduces nine scholars from these schools and adds two
more from a much later era whose influence extended far beyond the
area of pure scholarship.
• In simple language, this book gives a clear picture of how the Islamic
schools of jurisprudence differ in their methodologies, showing at the
same time how much interaction they project.
• It serves as a primary source for those who wish to follow a course in
Islamic studies, this book is indispensable for others who wish to have
a fair but concise idea about the most important personalities who
have shaped Islamic scholarship for centuries.
Another great book from The Islamic Foundation.